Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Sales & Extra Goodies!

Hello all! Today I have for you a very long post with a whole bunch of wonderful, but let's start off with this weeks sales.

CVS:
SensatioNail Gel Polish Starter Kit, $44.99
SensatioNail Gel Polish, $9.99 each
Nicole by OPI, $7.99 (regular CVS price)

The sales flyer also says if you scan your ExtraCare card at the "Coupon Center" in the store, you will get an instant coupon for $4 off any $12 cosmetics purchase!

Revlon cosmetics Buy One Get One 50% off
L'oreal cosmetics $5.99

*Remember, you have to have the new Balance Rewards card to get sale prices at Walgreens now! Sign up in stores or online!

Maybelline cosmetics Buy One Get One 50% off (get $5 UP rewards when you spend $15)
Buy any 3 Sinful Colors, Jesse's Girl, Julie G, or Wet N Wild polish, get $3 UP rewards 

And finally, Ulta has a new sales ad out!
Buy any 2 OPI polishes for $8.50 and get a FREE top or base coat
40% off all NYX and Revlon cosmetics
L'oreal Buy TWO Get One Free


Next up for today, I want to show you some of the goodies I picked up this past week! 
China Glaze Halloween 2012
(left to right)
Roguish Red, Glitter Goblin, Bizarre Blurple, Ghoulish Glow
I called every store I could think of to find these, and could only find this set, not the individual bottles. I still want to get Immortal and Make a Spectacle. Even though I already had the glow in the dark polish, and the reddish-orange one wasn't on my list, I HAD to buy this because it was only $8.99 at Sally's!!! I ended up giving my other Ghoulish Glow to a friend :)

OPI Pink of Hearts 2012 Breast Cancer Awareness Set
You Glitter Be Good to Me and I Think In Pink
From what I understand, I Think In Pink is part of the regular OPI line, but I didn't own it yet. SO when I saw this on one of my favorite beauty supply's Facebook page, I told them to save me a set! The glitter is really pretty, and goes really well with the pink. Even if it wasn't so pretty, I would've bought this anyway, since I always like to support breast cancer awareness. China Glaze and Essie also both have a pink collection out right now.


Wet N Wild Fantasy Makers RIP Collection
(left to right)
Glow in the Dark, Rest in Pieces, Nail in the Coffin, Once Upon a Time
I bought these for two reasons: 1) they were only $1.99 each and 2) uh hello! They are packaged as little tombstones!

Now here is what I have been most excited about... stamping! I was walking through a mall I don't usually go to when I spotted a kiosk that had nail stamping supplies. Thinking they'd be cheap ones, I went over anyway, since all I owned was the Salon Express Stamping Kit (which I had NO luck with whatsoever). To my surprise, it was a KONAD kiosk! Has anyone come across these before? I'd only ever seen Konad online, and even though they were a bit expensive, I went ahead and got myself a few. The plates cost $8 each (buy 3 get one free... so technically I paid $6 each!) and I also picked up the stamper/scraper since the cheapo one I had was just awful. I cannot believe how much easier it is to use the Konad stamper and I have been playing with it all weekend. Oh, and I also went a bit crazy and ordered two more sets of about 25 plates each online, one from Cheeky and one from Bundle Monster. I am officially hooked on stamping!

Here is my first mani with stamping, and it also happens to be my first attempt at a "jelly sandwich." 


Unfortunately the camera I have been using doesn't do this mani justice. It was very elegant and had a 'bridal' feel to it. As my base I used 3 coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu! then added one layer of OPI Pirouette My Whistle (I think I should have used two). I then topped it off with one more coat of DTMT. The stamp is from the Konad M40 plate, and I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On

For my first attempt at stamping, I thought this came out really pretty! There was definitely visible nail line, but I actually liked it because it looked like a French tip! And I definitely want to work on more jelly sandwich combinations, because the look is so much fun. Stay tuned for more stamping, my Cheeky plates should be arriving tomorrow or Tuesday! :) :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment