Wednesday, September 12, 2012

On Wednesday, We Wear PINK!

Happy Hump Day! As per Mean Girls rules, on Wednesday, we wear pink!


First of all I have to say I am so in love with my base color! I should've just worn it on it's own, but of course I always put a little something extra. Unfortunately I forgot to take a pic of it before layering. The base is China Glaze Pink Plumeria from the Summer Neons 2012 collection. When I first opened the bottle to swatch on my nail wheels, I actually squealed at the first brushstroke and said "it's so beautiful!" It is an absolutely gorgeous lighter pink, with a shimmer to die for! I used two thin coats for today, topped off with a Seche Vite topcoat. And because I am crazy, I decided to layer over it Zoya Chloe. The official Zoya description of Chloe is: Zoya Nail Polish in Chloe is a sheer coral pink base with two types of duochrome Mylar flakes: red-orange to gold and gold-green to blue. A fun flake glitter topcoat that can be layered over any shade to create a fascinating 3D effect.

I tried really hard to capture the awesomeness that is Chloe, but ended up with a big fail. Next time I'm going to try layering it over something darker to see if it brings the flakes to life a bit more. 



Stay tuned for tomorrow's mani, which I am super excited about! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment