Tuesday, February 12, 2013

First Water Marbling Attempt!

What's up party people! 

Today I have a nail-of-the-day look that includes my first attempt at water marbling! Let me tell you, it may seem like a pretty simple technique, but it's really hard to get the swirls just right, and to do it fast enough so the polish doesn't dry on the water! I absolutely need to practice this more, because I really love the look it creates.

I only did the water marbling on my accent nails because I started to get frustrated! First pic is my left hand, second is the right:


The polishes I used were: China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise, China Glaze Deviantly Daring, and Wet N Wild Megalast Break the Ice


After doing these two, I realized I would never get through a full ten fingers, so I pulled out one of my favorite Orly's, Go Deeper, which matched really well!



Index and pinkie fingers: 
1 coat Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On
1 coat Wet N Wild Megalast Break the Ice
2 coats Orly Go Deeper

Middle finger:
1 coat China Glaze Deviantly Daring
(original I had used Turned Up Turquoise as a base with Deviantly Daring as a stamp, it didn't come out the way I was hoping, so I just went over the whole nail with Deviantly Daring instead!)

After everything was dry I sealed it with a coat of Gelous, which gives a nice thick protective layer to your mani. (You can find it at Sally Beauty for around $5)



Hope you like my lame attempt at this technique! 

Before I go I just want to give you a little sneak peek at the nail mail I got yesterday! That's right... indies! Look for these babies soon here on the blog!



 See y'all tomorrow!
XOX
Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment