Monday, October 15, 2012

Blue Jelly Sandwich!

Hello hello!

It is a dreary, rainy, ugly kind of Monday. So I spiced it up a bit with a jelly sandwich! I haven't really perfected this technique yet, but it came out pretty cool looking anyway!

The jelly I used is China Glaze Ride the Waves. My glitter is Nails Inc Royal Arcade.

My layering went like this: jelly-jelly-glitter-jelly-glitter-jelly-top coat-top coat.


I really like the look of a jelly sandwich, and mine came out okay, even though you can't really tell from my pictures. 

By the way... Royal Arcade is a total glitterbomb and I love it! It's the only Nails Inc polish I own, because I find Sephora to be way overpriced in general, I only got it because I had a leftover giftcard. :)


One thing I did notice - I used Seche Vite topcoat, and the shrinkage happened SO fast! I finished my manicure around 9am, and by the time I got to work at 9:30, I was already noticing it. As I'm typing this post at 6:30pm, it looks like I've been wearing this polish for a week with extreme tipwear. I'm not sure if this is because of the jelly, or the glitter, or the combination of the two, but I'll have to try a different topcoat for my next sandwich.

Hope you like, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment