Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wet N Wild Red Glitter Comparison

Good morning! I have another quickie comparison post for you guys today. 
Last week when I was reorganizing my stash, I realized I had these three glitters that all seemed to be dupes... and then I realized they were all by Wet N Wild!

They are all large red round glitters, with tiny red microglitter, in a black base.

(left to right)
Fantasy Makers Once Upon a Time
Fergie Make Them Boys Go Loco
Spoiled Ants In My Pants

As you can see, exactly the same in the bottles. The only difference was the coverage each polish gave.

(ring to index finger, 3 coats each)
Fantasy Makers Once Upon a Time
Fergie Make Them Boys Go Loco
Spoiled Ants In My Pants


Make Them Boys Go Loco has the best glitter payoff. Ants In My Pants was more watery, and the glitter was a lot more sparse than the other two. Once Upon a Time had good coverage, but I didn't like the brush or bottle cap at all (very awkward painting your nails with a tombstone).

Here are the colors layered over black:
(index to ring finger)
Spoiled Ants In My Pants
Fergie Make Them Boys Go Loco
Fantasy Makers Once Upon a Time

My choice out of the three is definitely Fergie Make Them Boys Go Loco. It had the best formula, went on the easiest, and as I mentioned earlier, had the best glitter payoff. And besides that, it has one of the best nail polish names ever!

Wet N Wild cosmetics can be found at almost every drugstore. The Spoiled and Fantasy Makers lines retail for $1.99 each, and the Fergie line is a bit more expensive (but worth it), around $3.49 retail. The other great thing I discovered, is they all seem to be a dupe of Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers, but without the crazy price tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment