Thursday, August 30, 2012

China Glaze: Swanky Silk

Hi everyone! Today's polish is a really pretty shade from China Glaze's Bohemian Collection... Swanky Silk!

This is a pretty light gold... other swatches I've seen of this show a peachy-pink duochrome quality, but I couldn't see it. Swanky silk was very sheer, I used 2 coats for the photos... maybe a third would have brought out the duochrome better?

 shade


sunlight


I really liked this polish overall, I've already taken it off but will definitely go with a third coat on my next try. I think this would look great for the fall with a darker color, I'll see what fabulous combo I can come up with!

I purchased my bottle of China Glaze Swanky Silk at my local Sally Beauty. Their August sales flyer says the Bohemian Collection is excluded from this month's $4.99 China Glaze sale and are regular price, which I believe is $6.99.... which leads me to my first money saving tip! Sally's has a Beauty Club, and you get discounts on literally EVERYTHING you buy! With this discount, ANY China Glaze polish will always cost you $4.99! Even the brand new collections! The best part is, membership is only $5 per year, and you get a coupon on your receipt for $5 off your next purchase - so basically it's free - which makes joining totally worth it. You can check out the difference in pricing on their website, sallybeauty.com, where you can also sign up for the Beauty Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment